Translate

Friday, April 19, 2013

Results drive the Motivation

Tomorrow I will be weighing myself again, after an entire week of sticking to a healthy eating habit.

I have been 100% true to myself and have not faltered in my discipline. I have been increasingly active and productive because of this change in habits.

I encourage everyone to challenge yourself a bit everyday. To step outside of your comfort zone and endure the sweet pain that comes through the act of abstinence. You won't be missing a thing.

We have seen how readily available and abundant food of all sorts is. When you have completed a term without it, you can come back to it and truly enjoy it, because it is actually a treat and not the usual.

There was a time when I was young when my family was much more economically challenged. We always had homemade food.

But in the truly rare occasions when we were treated to a meal at a restaurant, it was quite a memorable experience.

I still have recollections of those occasions. If it had been the norm, I would not have formed such special memories of them.

Tomorrow I get to pick what foods I want to savor and indulge in after having gone without them for an entire week.

It will be a special treat, accompanied by my boys. It will be truly memorable. God bless.


*UPDATE:

Today I had the usual: two chicken thighs, three raw Serrano peppers, a bag of single-sized pork rinds with half an avocado, minced raw carrots and diet green tea to drink.

For lunch I had peanuts and water.

For dinner, I had a tall glass of vegetables blended with ice, water, salt, and Tabasco sauce. This is mmm-mmm good. Not to mention that it has tons of fiber and nutrients, and is very filling and satisfying. Come back and check out my results tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment