Translate

Saturday, April 13, 2013

First Week's Results

I would like to begin by saying that the results that I have achieved this week are dramatic and not at all typical. I neither want to, nor do I expect to, achieve the same results every week. Furthermore, I also would like to invite anyone to monitor my progress so that it is not in question whether these results are factual. My only recourse at the moment is to assure you that I do not take pills, don't starve myself, and don't lie.
 
I can't demonstrate that I don't take any diet pills, so all I can say is the truth, that I do not. But as to starving myself, I have been detailing my everyday meals here down to the teaspoon. As a matter of fact, when you starve yourself to try to lose weight dramatically, you actually sabotage your weight-loss efforts. Your metabolism actually shuts down because the body has natural responses to try to preserve itself when in the face of scarce food/starvation; like a survival mode. So your entire bodily processes function differently. You don't burn fat, you conserve fat. It seems contradictory, because we always view eating less with losing weight. While eating more is associated with gaining weight. So by that logic, it would make sense that eating nothing at all would result in dramatic weight loss. Follow this link to an interesting short article on the topic:
 
 
This article discusses recommendations on a healthy eating plan, which includes eating whole grains and such. I would advise eating no grains. But that's a matter of perspective. For me, I eat nothing in the form of bread or tortilla, or cereals (other than oatmeal) during the diet week. But today, ya better believe I'm gonna splurge!
 
It seems that my weight loss per week is going to be much more than 1 pound. So I guess I have to up the ante to a 2 pounds per week commitment. Like I said, the results this week are not typical. But they are the product of discipline and a lot more activity. Since I began this blog a few days ago, I have been looking for any pretext to get my body in motion. Just last night, I was playing Wii Sports with my sons for about an hour. That was such good exercise.
 
 
The results for this week are incredible. I did not expect to have lost 7 pounds from Monday morning to today, Saturday, April 13, 2013. But, hotdamn, I feel good! You better believe I will be celebrating today in true pigging-out mode!

 
 
 
 
 
If you have any questions or comments, don't be shy about sharing on this message board below. Or take the short survey at the top right corner of this page. In the meantime, you got the blueprint. All you gotta do is go for it. Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment